Submitted by Dr T on November 5, 2011 – 8:06am
1. You have severe MR. The only treatment is surgery, with repair of your valve by far the best option.
2. Neither Cordorone or Multaq are optimal treatments for the long-term treatment of Atrial fibrillation (AF) in my opinion.
3. Your heart function is excellent, and a successful repair would greatly benefit you.
4. Your AF will most likely persist after the operation, and you should discuss the long term management in due course.
4. You will need a blood thinner for at least 3 months after the operation.
5. RBBB is not a concern at this point, and probably occurred as a result of your Atrial Septal Defedt (ASD).
Hope this helps,