Severe mitral valve leakage

Leave a Comment

Submitted by Dr T on September 16, 2011 – 3:29pm

Sir, i am so much worried about my sister, me and my family is worried, sir please see the report which is attached, Sir my sister is 35 years old , she is married with two little sons , we live in Pakistan, She has heart disease, her heart size is increased too due to leakage of wall, Pakistani doctors says that she should be operated in this month as case is severe, sir there is not repairment of wall system in Pakistan . Doctors says that a new valve will be inserted, but sir some doctors in Pakistan says, that we should inserted tissue valve and some says we should inserted metallic wall, sir please guide usNeed your help as soon as possible please sir

Hi Maira,
Your sister has severe Mitral regurgitation (MR). When severe, such as in your sister’s case, it can lead to heart failure and arrhythmias. MR can only be fixed with an operation. However, nowadays the best results are achieved with a repair, NOT with replacement. Not every surgeon has the training to perform a repair, so your sister may have to go elsewhere for treatment!

You can read more here:

Hope this helps,
Dr T

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *