- Your Heart
- Ask Dr. T
- Heart Healthy Living
- About Us
- Contact Us
Breakfast is probably the most important meal of the day. Don't skip breakfast to lose weight or because you don't have time.
Breakfast is a great way to get a start on the >25Gms of dietary fiber you need each day to lower your cholesterol levels.
Some Breakfast ideas:
- Bowl of instant oatmeal or oat bran topped with fruit and/or walnuts, skim milk or low fat soy milk.
- Bowl of ready-to-eat high fiber cereal topped fruit and/or walnuts, skim milk or low fat soy milk.
- Bowl of cereal or granola, topped with no-fat yogurt and fruits.
- 2 slices whole-grain toast, English muffin, pita or bagel topped with 2 Tbsp. Peanut butter, 1 tsp. trans-fatty acid free margarine or 2 Tbsp. Nonfat cream cheese.
- 6-8 oz. nonfat or 1% yogurt topped with fruit, nuts or granola.
- 4 oz. nonfat or 1% cottage cheese, served with tomato or pineapple slices.
- 2 low-fat hard granola bars with 8 oz. skim milk or low-fat soy milk.
- 2 egg-equivalent egg white or egg substitute omelet served on whole grain toast with orange wedges.
- Whole grain bagel topped with ½ cup nonfat or 1% cottage cheese; broiled for 5 minutes until bagel crispy, then topped with berries or fruit of choice.
- 8 oz. yogurt, fruit of choice and 2 Tbsp. Ground flax seeds or wheat germ with ice – blend in blender and serve.
Ask Doctor T. Blog
I have been advised by my primary physician to schedule a cardiac catherization and possible stent placement procedure after having a Nuclear Stress Test with the following "Findings:
The study quality is excellent. There is no transient LV ischemic dilatation noted. The left ventricular...
I have a friend with internal defibulator. can I perform cpr and is it possible for me to get shocked if the debibulator is going off?