- Your Heart
- Ask Dr. T
- Heart Healthy Living
- About Us
- Contact Us
Heart Healthy Living
Heart Healthy Living
These are the cornerstones of a heart-healthy life style:
- Diet: At the heart of good health is good nutrition. Find recipes, healthy cooking tips, secrets to heart-smart shopping and much more.
- Exercise: The benefits of physical activity are solidly-proven and well documented. But many of us need some extra motivation to get moving. Find that motivation with our programs, designed to offer you support and encouragement.
- Nutrition: Not all dietary fats are bad! Do you know how to select healthy fats? The terminology can be confusing, so we've taken the guess work out for you. Learn about making good choices including healthy fats and oils.
- Weight control: Losing weight usually takes effort, and keeping it off has its own set of challenges. But your small everyday choices matter! Learn about BMI, losing weight and tips for success.
- Stress management: Whether you're facing crisis or simply managing the challenges of fast-paced living, you can learn to take good care of yourself and solve many of life's problems. Don't let stress get out of control.
- Stop smoking.
Only 20% of patients are getting involved with some kind of cardiac rehab according to a newly released study, mostly because there is no mechanism in place to steer patients in the right direction after a cardiac event or an intervention such as PCI and/or CABG has occurred. Following up on some of the information you'll find here will boost those percentages to a bigger number I hope!
Diet will include general guidelines, but also recipes and cooking videos. This will be a work in progress, but I hope to make eating healthy food fun, economical and worth your time.
News is information released in the popular press that is worthy of your attention.
Ask Doctor T. Blog
hello, i am 37fem with 3 kids. lately i have been experiencing odd pains in my chest/back(occasionally and scared it's angina.
specifically, started few weeks ago, i went for my pap test and got nervous when waiting i started feeling like "water" running in my chest and i believe i had acid reflux. then on friday, i was on the bus with my kids and i started having...