- Your Heart
- Ask Dr. T
- Heart Healthy Living
- About Us
- Contact Us
STS Risk Score Calculator
- strict warning: Declaration of views_plugin_style_default::options() should be compatible with views_object::options() in /mnt/stor2-wc1-dfw1/406765/406776/www.cardiachealth.org/web/content/sites/all/modules/views/plugins/views_plugin_style_default.inc on line 24.
- strict warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in /mnt/stor2-wc1-dfw1/406765/406776/www.cardiachealth.org/web/content/sites/all/modules/captcha/captcha.inc on line 61.
The Society of Thoracic Surgeons’ risk model calculates the risk of operative mortality and morbidity of adult cardiac surgery on the basis of patient demographic and clinical variables. We have developed our own similar Cardiac Surgery Risk Assessment Calculator.
Our calculator was designed to estimate the risk of morbidity and mortality following the most common types of cardiac surgery, including coronary bypass and other procedures. It is only a tool to:
- Guide discussions about the potential outcomes of open heart surgery,
- Compare the results with actual outcomes,
- Measure estimates and outcomes against objective standards of performance.
You can also try one of these other options: