Thoracic Aortic Aortic Aneurysm Treatment

Diagnosed after chest pain that the aortas too wide goin to my heart what are the risks and will i need surgery ive had echocardiogram and am awaiting appointment to see specialist  

If I understand your question you have a condition called ascending aortic aneurysm (Type A in the picture in this link). If too wide it needs a major operation to fix. The risks depend on your general health and whether other things need to be fixed as well such as coronary artery bypasses and/or a heart valve. Like with any other surgery your risks for this operation need to be weighed against the benefits: for your doctors to discuss with you!

Hope this helps,

Dr T


Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Allowed HTML tags: <a> <em> <strong> <cite> <code> <ul> <ol> <li> <dl> <dt> <dd>
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.

More information about formatting options

This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
8 + 2 =
Solve this simple math problem and enter the result. E.g. for 1+3, enter 4.
By submitting this form, you accept the Mollom privacy policy.