- Your Heart
- Ask Dr. T
- Heart Healthy Living
- About Us
- Contact Us
Mitral Valve surgery for severe leakage
1. You have severe MR. The only treatment is surgery, with repair of your valve by far the best option.
2. Neither Cordorone or Multaq are optimal treatments for the long-term treatment of Atrial fibrillation (AF) in my opinion.
3. Your heart function is excellent, and a successful repair would greatly benefit you.
4. Your AF will most likely persist after the operation, and you should discuss the long term management in due course.
4. You will need a blood thinner for at least 3 months after the operation.
5. RBBB is not a concern at this point, and probably occurred as a result of your Atrial Septal Defedt (ASD).
Hope this helps,
Ask Doctor T. Blog
I have been advised by my primary physician to schedule a cardiac catherization and possible stent placement procedure after having a Nuclear Stress Test with the following "Findings:
The study quality is excellent. There is no transient LV ischemic dilatation noted. The left ventricular...
I have a friend with internal defibulator. can I perform cpr and is it possible for me to get shocked if the debibulator is going off?