- Your Heart
- Ask Dr. T
- Heart Healthy Living
- About Us
- Contact Us
Early Repolarization on my EKG
- Early repolarization on your EKG may indicate that you may be at risk for:
- Coronary Artery Disease, or
- Potentially dangerous arrhythmias that may increase your risk of sudden cardiac death. Luckily this is quite rare and a risk only in a few patients with findings of early repolarization. There are many persons who fit such a picture but do not appear to have any excess risk. You can click here to calculate your risk for heart disease.
- A low LDL increases your risk for heart disease.
- In your case you probably should consult a cardiologist whether you are at risk for heart disease or such an arrhythmias and if so, what preventive measures can be taken. To evaluate this a Holter monitor and/or a stress ECHO may be needed.
Hope this helps,
Ask Doctor T. Blog
I have been advised by my primary physician to schedule a cardiac catherization and possible stent placement procedure after having a Nuclear Stress Test with the following "Findings:
The study quality is excellent. There is no transient LV ischemic dilatation noted. The left ventricular...
I have a friend with internal defibulator. can I perform cpr and is it possible for me to get shocked if the debibulator is going off?