Best treatment for my dad's coronary artery disease

Your question:My dad is diagnosed with 60% block in central artery and about 95% in right artery. The doctor told us about two types of stent, i) Bare Metal Stent and ii) drug eluting stent. I wanted someone to guide me on which one to use.History about the patient:1) He is 60 years old2) He is Asian (Indian)3) He has history of high blood pressure4) Had already underwent surgery in leg due to an accident 

Having coronary artery disease (CAD) by itself is not enough to warrant treatments that may include procedures such as a stent or even bypass surgery. For many patients with CAD Optimal Medical Treatment and a heart heaslthy lifestyle are the best solution. This link may help assess his treatment options.

Hope this helps,
Dr T



Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Allowed HTML tags: <a> <em> <strong> <cite> <code> <ul> <ol> <li> <dl> <dt> <dd>
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.

More information about formatting options

This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
1 + 11 =
Solve this simple math problem and enter the result. E.g. for 1+3, enter 4.
By submitting this form, you accept the Mollom privacy policy.